This Mother’s Day, give Mom a gift she will truly cherish—a handwritten card or note expressing how much you love her. We know how hard it can be to craft the perfect words, so we created this list of 30 quotes and messages to add to your own ideas.
Quotes about Mothers
- “There’s no way to be a perfect mother and a million ways to be a good one.” -Jill Churchill
- “As mothers and daughters, we are connected with one another. My mother is the bones of my spine, keeping me straight and true. She is my blood, making sure it runs rich and strong. She is the beating of my heart. I cannot now imagine a life without her.” -Kristin Hannah
- “An ounce of mother is worth a pound of clergy.” -Spanish Proverb
- “Mothers and their children are in a category all their own. There’s no bond so strong in the entire world. No love so instantaneous and forgiving.” -Gail Tsuklyama
- “A man loves his sweetheart the most, his wife the best, but his mother the longest.” -Irish Proverb
- “A mother is not a person to lean on, but a person to make leaning unnecessary.” -Dorothy Canfield Fisher
- “Most mothers are instinctive philosophers.” -Harriet Beecher Stowe
- “All women become like their mothers. That is their tragedy. No man does. That’s his.” -Oscar Wilde
- “Men are what their mothers made them.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “Mother – that was the bank where we deposited all our hurts and worries.” -T. DeWitt Talmage
- “The hand that rocks the cradle is the hand that rules the world.” -W. R. Wallace
- “Women’s natural role is to be a pillar of the family.” -Grace Kelly
- “There is only one pretty child in the world, and every mother has it.” -Chinese Proverb
- “Biology is the least of what makes someone a mother.” -Oprah Winfrey
- “If Mama ain’t happy, ain’t nobody happy.” -Ferrell Sims
- For all the times I didn’t say it but should have…thank you, Mom. I love you.
- Mom, when you thought I wasn’t looking — I was. Thank you for the million ways you supported, encouraged, helped, and loved me.
- Thank you for the laughs, the listening, and the love.
- I know I wasn’t always easy to handle (and still may not be), but I can’t tell you enough how much I appreciate how you’re always there for me, no matter what.
- More than anything, I want you to feel loved and appreciated not just on Mother’s Day, but every day.
- The truth is, Mom…you were pretty much right every time. Thanks for all the good advice, even if it took me awhile to get it.
- The highest compliment anyone can give me, Mom, is to say that I’m like you.
Short & Sweet Messages
- Wishing you all the love and happiness you so richly deserve… Happy Mother’s Day!
- Mom… You’re the best! Thanks for all you do. Happy Mother’s Day!
- Thank you for always being there, Mom. Happy Mother’s Day!
- Wishing you a fabulous Mother’s Day! You’re the best mom I could have asked for.
- May your Mother’s Day be filled with as much happiness as you brought to my childhood.
- Thanks for giving me the best things in life: Your love, your care, and your cooking. Happy Mother’s Day!
- To the best mom in the world, Happy Mother’s Day! Thank you for being chief cook, counselor, taxi-driver, cheerleader, and best all-round mom in the world.
- Thanks for being an incredible mother and role model to me during my childhood. I am so thankful to have your support and guidance as I navigate through life. Happy Mother’s Day!
Moms are special people, and they deserve to be shown a little extra love this Mother’s Day.
Btw, consider using this Free Printable Mother’s Day Card to write your heartwarming message.
Wanting to skip the DIY & instead buy a card on Amazon? Checkout these (affordable) options on Prime:
If you need help shopping for Mom, check out The Ultimate Amazon Prime Gift Guide for Women, 2020 Edition. You’re sure to find something she’ll love!
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links, which means we make a small commission when a purchase is made after clicking through a link. This comes at no additional cost to you. We value your trust & only recommend brands/products we truly love. Thanks for your support!